Covid-19 Updates - Alert Level 3 & 4
Tuesday August 31st 2:00pm
We remain committed to keeping courier items moving as safely and swiftly as possible.
However, with areas to the South of Auckland planned to enter Alert Level 3 from midnight on Tuesday - parcel volumes may increase substantially. This in combination with COVID-19 safety protocols may well mean some slight delays.
- Contactless pick-ups and deliveries are in place New Zealand-wide. Please ensure our couriers can operate on your premises with at least 2m distancing.
- Please do not send items to Auckland (or North of Auckland) addresses that are closed. We do not have extensive storage facilities for undeliverable freight. If an alternative address is not supplied, we will have to return items to the sender (and charge the sender the return or redirection cost for items sent after the start of lockdown) – this happens to ensure that our network can continue to operate efficiently.
- Castle Parcels’ branches are not offering walk-in cash sales to the public.
- There may be delays in and out of Auckland due to border control measures that will be put in place.
- Mail pickups for closed businesses are being held in branches and will be delivered when businesses re-open.
Please, when sending courier items, ensure there are clear delivery instructions - and if it is going to a business address, please make sure the business is open. If your business looks closed but is unlocked and open for deliveries please have a sign-up clarifying the business is open for deliveries (please make sure anyone you are sending to, understands this).We are operating with restrictions in terms of distancing; restricted workforce and other safety protocols - so there may be slight delays, please avoid overloading our help-desk staff with calls etc. Our online tools including track and trace should give you the visibility you need.
The team at Castle Parcels